Get To Know Anthony W Design
- What will be the inspiration for your table at Tables That Bloom this year?
I believe I will be doing a modernized rustic arrangement.
- How do you define “success” in your business?
Success for me is having fun while I love people through how I care for their project.
- What is your background and how did you get into the design field?
I was a retail buyer for over 10 years, then got burned out on that so I got into Real Estate. Didn’t like the buying and selling part much, so I decided to work on design an interiors exclusively as that was really the part that excited me.
- How has social media impacted your work? Have you used it to your benefit?
I’m not really sure if its impacted my work. I’m sure it has to some degree, but I primarily use instagram and only follow friends and family for the most part. I’m really bad at pinterest. It just makes me want a bunch of things I can’t have.
- Who is your creative hero?
- What is your biggest strength?
Eeeeek. I tend to be a perfectionist, but I don’t really see it as a strength. It just happens to help me in my field of work.
- What do you do to “go green?”
I sometimes use reclaimed wood on projects? And I don’t have a printer… But mainly because ink is expensive.
- If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
My wife says a polar bear. Because I’m big and have blond hair, I think?
- What do you like to do in your free time, aside from your craft?
I run, ride bicycles, and eat.
- What makes your design work unique?
I suppose it’s probably my eclecticism. I really don’t try to follow any design rules or care what other people think. I just like to do things I think look cool and tell a story. I like every detail to be intentional.